Thickness measurements using ultrasonic are automated with manual scanners, robots or CNC machines. Methods used to integrate the measurements include:
- Contact or local immersion with custom manual scanners
- Local or complete immersion using a robot
- Local immersion on a CNC machine
All measurements are made on one side only. One sensor or multiple sensors may be used depending on the application. Applied in manufacturing or in overhauled structures, the thickness or the part, the bond depth in multi-layered structures or the part surface location for thin material may be measured to verify its conformance to prescribed tolerances is monitored.
The measurements may be done wirelessly if the application allows it. Applications includes:
- Any thickness measurements on a CNC machine using the cooling fluid as a couplant medium
- Multi-layer bond inspection
- Tube measurements for diameters, ovality, eccentricity and thickness
Custom software to fit your needs
Recording of results on database, CNC or on file
Quality Control and Quality Assurance tool
Small UT acquisition card that can be fitted on a robot, a scanner or on a CNC
Single or multi-plex ultrasonic channels
The measurements can be integrated into the operation and data may be used in real time as a quality process or quality assurance tool.
Ultrasound work equally well on transparent parts and is not affected by a part not fully seated on a base surface. Higher precision measurements than reflective sensors are obtained.