Inspection of composites is an important part of our activities. Since composite materials are inhomogeneous materials which offer a variety of shapes, the geometry of parts and the form of defects bring different challenges than metallic structures. Traditional inspection techniques do not work as well or maybe too slow in production.
These challenges are solved by using different technologies. Here are some technologies we have been using.
– transducers adapted to the inspection, for example, matrix, curved, linear, daisy
– software algorithm to compensate for part variations
– scan part generation software
– part coordinate system relocation
– automated defect analysis and reporting
– manual, semi-automated and fully automated mechanics
– specialized end-effectors
See our product brochures and tecbnical papers on composite inspections (CLICK TO ACCESS)